I cut out the pieces to make this bag last July, and they’ve been sitting on the ‘to do’ pile ever since!
Finally I got round to digging them out and finishing it off. It started off as a pile like this: And after several days of working on it it ended up like this: It is made from a pattern by Pattern Play. I used this blue monkey fabric with plain blue for the inside and straps.
The one adjustment I made was to add a drawstring at the top as I thought it would hold things in better than just a flap with vecro: I used iron-on letters on white felt to add a name onto the top of the front pocket: The straps on the back are adjustable using the metal rings: After a bit of persuasion I managed to convince my little monkey to model his new monkey backpack for the camera: He seems to like it! 🙂