T-Shirts for Summer

I made a couple more t-shirts for the children to wear over the summer holidays.

After the success of the ones I made during Kid’s Clothes Week, I used the same two Fishsticks Designs patterns.

For the big one the size 6 from the Charlie Tee and Hoodie Pattern. He was given free reign of all the jersey in the sewing cupboard and chose the pink. I picked the grey ribbing for the neck. I turned up about an extra half inch in the hem from last time, which makes it a better length on him.

Continue reading T-Shirts for Summer

Kids Clothes Week June 2015

kid's clothes week

Last week was Kid’s Clothes Week, and I managed to keep up with sewing an hour a day to make a t-shirt for both boys.

I used two Fishsticks Designs patterns. For the small one, the 18-24 month size lap tee from the Wee Tot Collection. I was expecting the envelope neck to be much trickier than it actually was – I thought it was actually much simpler than an ordinary round neck as you sew onto two straight edges instead of a round one.

I used a pale blue jersey with a giraffe print with white ribbing round the neck.

For the big one I made the size 6 from the Charlie Tee and Hoodie Pattern. I used a red and blue stripes jersey with black ribbing for the neck.

They both turned out pretty well and have already been worn a couple of times.

The sizes seem a good fit, so I think I’ll be making some more for both of them 🙂


I’m linking up with And Sew We Craft Together

And Sew We Craft

Kids Clothes Week Feb 2015

kid's clothes week


I’ve missed out on the last few KCWs, but am back in time for the first of this year!

I didn’t quite manage an hour every day, but caught up with some extra time at the end. I always overestimate how much I will get done in a week, and this time was no exception. I started making 5 pairs of trousers, but only completely finished the first pair during the week, and have been finishing off bits on the others for the past week. But now they’re all done and the mini one has a whole load of extra clothes added to his wardrobe!


All were made using the Big Butt Baby Pants pattern by Made by Rae.

The first pair I made was the simplest version with plain green cotton drill, with an elephant print for the bum panel.

The next two pairs I made with cuffs that match the bum panel. One is green and blue corduroy…

… and the other is orange with owl print corduroy.

The last two pairs are made with a single material each, and with elasticated ankle cuffs.

One is in red sweatshirting to make joggers …

… and the other is in vehicle flannelette. I think I like the elasticated ankles best as they help them stay put and keep his little legs warmer.

Five new pairs of trousers 🙂


I’m linking up with And Sew We Craft Together

And Sew We Craft