Having cut all the pieces out last week, I finally got round to pinning and sewing them together today. It was much easier than I was expecting actually and didn't take very long at all!
Block 2's already out, and that looks much harder. The most difficult bit comes first – deciding what colours to make the pieces!!
I seem to be in a bit of a joining in with things mood this year!
Along with the blankets, I'm also joining in with the Crafty Bums Quilt Along 2012. You can read about it on their blog. Crafty Bums is new website, a bit like a UK Etsy for handmade things in the UK, and once I find myself back in a position to make things to sell (i.e. back in the UK) I will have my own shop on there too!
I've had the fabric for the quilt ready for a couple of weeks and finally got around to cutting the squares for the first block today. It was the first time I'd used a rotary cutter too – gosh that was harder to use than I was expecting! But after several attempts I have begun to master the technique and have all the squares cut out and ready to sew.
It's gone 11pm now, so probably not the best time to try following instructions sewing them together, so I'll leave getting the sewing machine out and finishing it off for another day.
Also today we bought a new camera so I've been testing it out. I've learnt two things: 1) Having a camera with a flash (as opposed to just my phone camera) means I can take photos at night – hurrah, and 2) Green is not a good colour for photographing under a flash – it comes out yellow!
Here is my photo of my squares laid out in the positions I'll sew them in 🙂